Thursday, March 12, 2009

Y Chromosome

Y Chromosome

So here it is. I caught Munchkin on the toilet with his View Master.

It truly MUST be something in the Y chromosome that produces the insatiable need for entertainment while one is sitting on the pot. There were men in my family (I'm not mentioning names) who used to sit and read the Sears catalogue on the pot. I worked at a hedge fund in NYC where I witnessed many a men coming out of the bathroom with their thumbs flying across their Blackberry...because we know absolutely NOTHING can wait until you get back to your desk from your potty break.

I don't know women who do this. I don't take reading material or my phone to the bathroom with me. Who knows, maybe that's just because I don't have time. I rarely (if ever) get to even go in there by myself anymore, much less take 30 minutes to answer emails or pick out my spring wardrobe. Although, maybe if I had a View Master with some picture wheels of George Clooney or Hugh Jackman I could find the time.

19 comments:

  1. What a multi-tasker!!!
    So funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a George Clooney viewmaster. Wait..I just want George Clooney.

    Here from Ann's VGNO! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! I am amazed at all the crazy things boys come up with as well. Have a nice VGNO. I can't wait to try out the FLashcard Zoo's. I told my little boy he would be doing a review with me and what it was. He was so excited! I will try to teach that they aren't for the bathroom ;)

    Mama Snow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha!
    I second the George Clooney viewmaster! Woot Woot!

    TGIF and Happy VGNO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping in from the VGNO. Well I have to confess I'm one of those women who take the berry to the bathroom. My excuse is in case one of the schools call ;) Now if an email pops through, I do tend to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's going to love that picture in a few years! Hahaha!

    So where do we get the George Clooney viewmaster? I'd like to place an order.

    Happy VGNO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are absolutely right! That is totally a man thing. It drives me crazy. I just want to be in and out of there in the quickest time possible. That being said, a Viewmaster is quite an enjoyable distraction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok I take my phone with me. My sister hates it when you text her and tell her you are pooing......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious! Love your blog, the flash card are very cool! I just signed up to follow! Call me when that George Clooney viewmaster real comes out! ...visiting from Ann's VGNO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love potty pix! Great for blackmail later in life too. happy vgno.♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a great weekend. I am always taking reading material out of our bathroom:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats it! Hugh Jackman! I could not think of him earlier! Lol! Happy VGNO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I'd be all over a view master with George Clooney...or Hugh Jackman! Sign me up, too! ;)

    Stopping by from the VGNO! Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. George Clooney! That reminds me, I taped ER yesterday and need to watch that and about 48 hours of other stuff. Wish I had a TV in my bathroom.

    Happy VGNO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just stopping by to say hi!! Great site/blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope the Blackberry didn't get water in it from their freshly washed hands....Happy VGNO.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great picture!!

    Glad you like my picture too. Your comment on my blog made my LOL! I would like a magnet too!

    http://chattykathyw-s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. just came fron VGNO and your picture is killing me! My hubby, aka Laptop cause that things like an appendage, takes like the entire encyclopedia brittanica with him...not really usually its just a book. I have one boy, thank goodness.
    Fun blog!

    ReplyDelete