Monday, March 9, 2009

Potential

potential

Spring has sprung here in Dallas. Our neighborhood is covered in blooming Bradford Pear Trees right now and it's just lovely. Bradford pears are actually pretty useless trees, IMO. They provide no shade, which is really why you have trees in Texas. But they DO look lovely for the one week that they are in bloom.

I found this one little mast that had a few blooms holding out...such potential. I don't know what they're waiting for but I'm in no hurry for them to pop. No sooner has the tree completely popped then the blooms will begin to fall off. In fact, I took Munchkin to preschool this morning and as I was driving down the ally I noticed it was speckled with little white confetti. It's almost over.

potential2

potential4

And of course while I was shooting the trees, I had to take a picture of this gorgeous child.
potential1

5 comments:

  1. great photos!

    When I was a little girl, I used to pretend I was from Dallas, Texas. Don't ask me why, I have no clue. It's not like I had ever been there or anywhere really. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos :) and lucky you having spring already :) we are still a long time away LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blooms, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty. So do they grow pears or is it just for beauty? I love the trees that bloom in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous and you're making me so excited for spring. I have one of those in my yard but it won't bloom for a month more or so. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete