Friday, March 6, 2009

Fail

fail

Can you see it? That bad case of "bra fail" just waiting to happen? That strap is just hanging on by a thread and could go at any moment. Luckily, I don't have massive wild bossoms that will be flying everywhere when it happens.

My husband says just about every night, "Why don't you JUST GO BUY A BRA ALREADY?!?! Maybe get crazy and buy TWO!!!!"

I don't know. I like to get every last ounce of use out of things like bras and socks and underwear (see Cheap) and one bra has been enough for the past two years....and beige is the only color I can make myself buy and I don't need two beige bras (I know, makes no sense.) I mean if I had run out and bought myself a new bra as soon as this one started wearing out I would have done so a year ago. And see! It has lasted a whole nother year! In fact, I predict I have another 3-4 good months left on that strap. And I bet if I re-enforced it with a safety pin, I'd have another year. Hmmmmmm.

And a hearty welcome to my VGNO Ladies. Poke around and enjoy yourself. I may not be on tonight because we are having company, but I'll catch up this weekend.

Oh, and for the party game--women are "angelic" dontcha think? And if you DON'T think so maybe you should just keep your pie-hole SHUT! Got it?!?

toodles

14 comments:

  1. Visiting from the GNO!!

    I love this post. I would rather buy just about anything than spending the cashola on a new bra (shoes, jeans, shoes, bags, shoes!). Really, only me and my hubby will see it and the sexy factor of the pretty lingerie went out a long time ago for us. It's all about practical now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I am the SAME way! When I find a good bra that works and is comfortable I use that til the last thread!

    TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...I thought I was the only who kept bras till they disintegrate! Too funny :O) Just stopping by to say hello and Happy VGNO!!! Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I am sooo not going to let my husband see your post. I have a bra in every color that was ever made. I tell him that all women have fifty bras in their drawers.

    But of course, I only wear the beige one....

    Happy VGNO! Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am guilty of the same bra crime. my hubby just doesn't get it. it's too much work to find a new one that fits right.

    came over for VGNO *cheers*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your company. Women ae Witty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Men don't understand. Comfy bras are not a dime a dozen and when you find something that works, ya stick with it. So, reinforce that bad boy and make it last! :-)

    Happy VGNO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, women are definitely angelic. I agree! Happy VGNO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came over for the VGNO. Love this! You sound like a kindred spirit. When I read articles about how we are supposed to throw all of our old underwear away and buy new ones, I start hyperventilating.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your photos.
    http://chattykathyw-s.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! It's so good to know I'm not the only one that wears my bras into oblivion... ;) It's so much work shopping for a comfy bra that looks good, too! :) Happy VGNO!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why is it that we let our undergarments get so shabby? Dropping by from the party, hope you are having a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol

    I know it is hard to buy a new bra (or any article of clothing) once you find one that is so comfy!

    I'm here from VGNO. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my I would buy a new for every day of the month if I could. They can be so uncomfortable. My husband on the other hand things that you should only own one bra at a time.

    I'm here from VGNO. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete